I want to install the r18 version of the CA Database Management Solutions and its maintenance. What steps do I take to achieve this when not using CA CSM?
1) Login to support.ca.com and go to Download / product and order your r18.0 0000 CA DB2 base install product pax file
by specifying one of the licensed tools (in this example: RC/Query).
2) Go back to the support.ca.com main page and under Product pages enter one of the licensed tools (in this example: RC/Query),
and then under 'Status' go to the Maintenance Grid.
3) From the Grid click on 'Since GA' for the r18 release. This will take you to the page where you will find JCL to download the tersed r18 PTF file
(below the JCL you will find the directory path and ptf package name to input into the JCL.)
4) Once notified that the r18 product package is available for download, FTP in binary the DVD02144142E.pax.Z file to your USS directory.
5) Issue the following from this USS directory: ====> pax -rvf DVD02144142E.pax.Z
6) Issue the cmd: ====> cd DBMI0G0
7) From this new DBMI0G0 directory edit (OEDIT) the UNZIPJCL member
(it is this member that creates the CA DB2 Tools' r18 product REL files. After this process runs you can unmount the USS directory if necessary to free space.)
8) The 'highlevel.SAMPJCL' pds that gets created from the UNZIPJCL job is the library that contains the SMP/E tasks to install the products.
9) Review and edit the DBMSEDIT edit macro and then copy it into one of your SYSPROC EXEC libraries for subsequent invocation.
10) Review the DBMREAD member in the .SAMPJCL library for job descriptions.
NOTE: do NOT perform the DBM1HOLD step until after the base product has been Applied and Accepted.
11) Modify the DBMxxxx install jobs via the DBMSEDIT macro invocation on each member's command line, and run the jobs.
12) Run the FTP, TRSMAIN jcl jobs (from the Grid) to obtain the comprehensive PTF file, and the comprehensive Holddata text file.
13) Receive and Apply the maintenance and holddata.
Once the SMP/E work has been accomplished proceed to the next step of Post-Installation via the INSMAIN Clist as documented in the Implementation Guide.