After installing CA Asset Portfolio Manager 12.9 (APM), and then demoting the PROD database to this environment, we are unable to start the event, export or data importer services. The logs for these services show the error:
Web Service threw exceptionCA.Common.Utilities.Exceptions.SoapAuthenticationException: You are not authorized to access the application.
(for the user uapmadmin).
When restoring a new database to a different environment, it is necessary to run the EEMCert utility from the APM 12.9 application server.
1. Locate the EEMCertUtilities folder on the APM 12.9 installation media.
2. Copy this folder to the APM server (example: C:\eemcertutilities)
3. Navigate to the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Application Server\bin
4. Copy the CA.Common.LoadConfigurationAttributes.dll.config file and paste it into the C:\eemcertutilities directory (overwrite the existing file)
5. Collect the EEM EiamAdmin password, and the EEM uapmadmin password
6. From a command prompt, navigate to C:\eemcertutilities folder
7. Type this command(substituting in your parameter values):
EEMCertUtilities.exe MyEEMServerName APM EiamAdmin MyEiamAdminPWD MyuapmadminPWD
where MyEEMServerName = your EEM server name,
MyEiamAdminPWD = your EiamAdmin password, and
MyuapmadminPWD = the eem uapmadmin password specified during the original 12.9 installation.
8. Stop and restart the event, export and data importer services.
9. Test logging into APM as the uapmadmin user.
Please review the following tech article to perform the same task using AppLauncher: