Unable to run "./ddm_load -i <LH>" after Spectrum DDM database corruption. The error indicates the DDM database is corrupt and cannot be initialize. Running "ArchMgr -repair" has failed to resolve the database corruption.
Release: Any version of Spectrum
The DDM database corruption is beyond repair so the DDM database must be initialized from scratch.
Perform the following steps to reinitialize the DDM database from scratch:
1. Log into the system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. On Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. Find the process id of the mysqld process
4 cd to the $SPECROOT/bin directory
5. Enter the following command to stop mysqld where <HOST> is the hostname of the system and <PID> is the process id of the mysqld process:
./cmdC <HOST> 2 <PID>
6. Remove ALL of the files from the $SPECROOT/mysql/data/ddmdb directory
7. Restart mysql on Linux or Solaris
a. su to the root user
b. cd to the $SPECROOT/lib/SDPM directory
c. Enter the following command:
8. Restart mysql on Windows, while in the bash shell:
a. cd to the $SPECROOT/lib/SDPM directory
b. Enter the following command:
9. As the user that owns the Spectrum installation, cd to the $SPECROOT/SS/DDM directory and enter the following command where <LH> is the landscape handle of the Spectrum database on this system:
./ddm_load -i <LH>
10. cd to the $SPECROOT/mysql/data/ddmdb directory and verify the database files have been rebuilt.
11. cd to the $SPECROOT/bin directory and enter the following command to start the Archive Manager: