1) Install Siteminder Policy Server and configure Policy Store manually.
2) Run Configuration Wizard without selecting Policy Store to configure (as it was done manually)
3) Configuration Wizard will complete and config_install_info.log will show no errors.
4) Starting of the Riskminder Service will result in failure to start.
Server 2008 R2
12.52 SP1 CR4 Policy Server
Riskminder setup is expecting an HCO to be created called <Hostname>_aas
Since the configuration wizard did not configure the Policy Store, the HCO was not created and smreghost fails.
1. Create HCO named <Hostname>_aas with one policy server that the Riskminder service will connect to.
2. Delete Trusted Host if it was created. <hostname>_aas.
3. Delete resource.dat in <siteminder>/bin/
4. Re-run the Configuration Wizard.
5. Start Riskminder service.