When implementing IWA authentication and it seems that SM_USER is in the format of DOMAIN\UID. What is the solution to set the SM_USER to just UID?
Policy server version: Any version that supports IWA authentication
Policy server OS: Windows 2008 R2,
Webagent version: Any version
Webagenr Version: Windows 2008 R2
The header can be overwritten from a custom header response on
the get/post/etc named "SM_USER". Please follow the below steps:
- This would be a "SiteMinder Web Agent Response"
- The attribute will be "Web Agent HTTP Header Variable"
- The kind would be "User Attribute"
- The variable name would be "SM_USER"
- The attribute name is whatever you want to give, example: samaccountname
If you wish to change the value in the cookie we would need to either use a
custom module or open an enhancement request.