You're attempting to run the LDS/OV synchronization utility job and it fails with the following error messages:
DCD0094E-RIDF Queue(s) contain unprocessed reports
DCD0087E- Invalid RC from CADSULDS RC=016
DCD0087E- Invalid RC from CADSOVUT RC=016
As indicated by the DCD0094E message, prior to executing the SYNC utility, some report and/or msgclass data has been processed into the LDS files via the dynamic INTERCEPT function of the CADZSPLx task or by one of it's associated SAPI tasks. This data is now considered as "unprocessed data" because it has not yet been processed by the CA Dispatch subtasks (RPI, MSG, ARCHIVE, etc...) that process the actual data.
In order for the TYPE=LDSSYNC control parameter to be executed successfully, there can not be any unprocessed data in any of the various queues under RIDF (Report Input Display Facility). This means that it is imperative that before you can execute the utility with the TYPE=LDSSYNC control, you must first satisfy the SYNC utilities "PRE-EXECUTION criteria".
The pre-execution criteria can be summarized as the following processes:
In order to perform this pre-execution criteria, both CA Dispatch as well as the CADZSPLx task must be ACTIVE. And, the CADZSPLx task can NOT be in a quiesced state.
A more detailed method for satisfying the pre-execution criteria follows:
1. Disable any new data from coming into the LDS by turning off the dynamic intercept function and stopping the SAPI tasks.
* Access the VOPMI100 screen via option 8.1 from the main menu. Consider taking a SCREEN PRINT of the VOPMI100 screen first! You can use this screen print as a reference later on for restarting the Dispatch subtasks, the SAPI tasks and for turning the dynamic intercept function back on for the appropriate classes.
- To turn off the DYNAMIC INTERCEPT, tab down next to any task on the VOPMI100 screen that shows a status of "ON" and type an 'I' next to that task. Then hit the enter key. Don't worry if the status shows ACTIVE or NOT ACTIVE at this point. What's important is that the tasks show as "OFF". For Example:
ARCH1 ACTIVE Off
ARCH2 Not Act Off
ARCH3 Not Act Off
RPI1 ACTIVE Off
RPI2 Not Act Off
RPI3 Not Act Off
- To stop the SAPI tasks, tab down next to any of the SAPInnnn tasks on this same screen and type an 'E" next to the task. Then hit the enter key. All the SAPI task are stopped when they show as:
SAPIRPI1 Not Active
SAPIRPI2 Not Active
SAPIRPI3 Not Active
SAPIMSG Not Active
SAPIARCH Not Active
2. Access Dispatch and go through the various queues under RIDF (option 8.2 from main menu). Check the RPI, MSG, ARCHIVE, ARCHDUP and ARCHRES queues. If you see entries in these queues, make sure the appropriate Dispatch subtask that processes these entries is ACTIVE. If there are entries in the ARCHDUP queue, submit the DSEXARB(L) batch process to perform the duplicate archive process. Make sure all data has been processed and that these queues are all EMPTY prior to executing the SYNC utilities.
3. Access the VRDMU820 screen (option 8.3.1 from main menu) and make sure all active bundles have been closed and written to the JES2 queue. If you see entries on this screen but the bundles are not being written to JES, make sure that the RPO subtask of CA Dispatch is ACTIVE. If the RPO subtask is active but the bundles are still sitting there, you will have to manually RELEASE them by tabbing down next to them and typing an 'R' in the OPT column of the display. Continue to hit the enter key until the screen shows a DC900044 THERE ARE NO ACTIVE BUNDLES message before continuing the process.
4. Once all of the above criteria has been met, if you are going to execute a version of the SYNC utility that runs with Dispatch down (DSEXOSYL or DSEXLSYL), you can now issue the STOPCADS command to initiate the shutdown process. Make sure Dispatch comes down CLEAN. If you are going to execute a version of the SYNC utility that runs with Dispatch active (DSEXOSY or DSEXLSY), you can access the VOPMI100 screen again and end the CA Dispatch subtasks (RPI,MSG,RPO,STATUS,ARCHIVE and EXTRACT) by tabbing down next to them and typing an "E" in the OPT column of the display. Execution of the DSEXOSY and DSEXLSY jobs requires that the CA Dispatch STC be ACTIVE but that all of the Dispatch subtasks be DOWN.
5. Before running the SYNC utility using the MODE=DELETE control parameter, consider running FDR or DFDSS (or a similar product) backups of ALL Dispatch database and LDS files, just in case.
If you are running release 11.6 of CA Dispatch you must have APAR RO29290 applied before executing the SYNC utility.
If you are running release 11.7 of CA Dispatch you must have APAR RO58875 applied before executing the SYNC utility.
The LDS/OV Synchronization Utilities are documented in the CA Dispatch System Programmers Guide in chapter 13 entitled UTILITIES.