This document explains how to correct a DT537E: Datastore dataset not found on control file error message, after an SSID has been moved to a different LPAR that uses a different Control, PXMP & Parm file.
I'm getting a DT537E: Datastore dataset not found on control file error message after I moved my SSID to a new LPAR. My LPARs use different Control, PXMP & Parm files. How can I correct this error?
z/OS 1.11 and above.
1) On your PTXMAN2 subsystem create a Temporary Datastore using option 7 on the Detector Main menu (you can simply call it TEMP).
2) Run the PDTDSCPY in your High.Level.CDBASRC library. The IVCAT & IDST parameters should point to your old Datastore. Your OVCAT & ODST parameters should point to the Temporary Datastore. The job should be run on the new LPAR. Since this job looks at the VSAM file name & not the old Control File, the copy should work
3) Once the copy has completed, examine the Temporary datastore & make sure that all of the intervals are present & readable
4) If the data looks OK delete your current datastore's 4 files using the ISPF 3.4 option. The "DC" (Delete Cluster) command should be used on the <High.Level> DTR0001, DTR0002, DTR0003 & DTRW002 files. This will prevent you from getting a duplicate dataset error on the next step
5) Go to the new LPAR & recreate the Datastore using option 7
6) Run the PDTDSCPY again. This time your IVCAT & IDST parameters should point to the Temporary Datastore. Your OVCAT & ODST parameters should point to the new Datastore that you created in the previous step
7) Examine the new Datastore. If the data looks OK, restart your collection. You should no longer get an error message
8) Delete the Temporary Datastore.