Administration menu items are missing or inoperable after an upgrade
Updated On:14-02-2018 07:55
SUPPORT AUTOMATION- SERVER, CA Service Desk Manager - Unified Self Service, KNOWLEDGE TOOLS, CA Service Management - Asset Portfolio Management, CA Service Management - Service Desk Manager
As an administrator, navigate to the Administration tab following an upgrade from a previous version. You may experience either or both of the following symptoms:
- Menu items that have been added by the new, upgraded version of Service Desk Manager are not present. The menu tree may resemble the menu tree from your previous version of the product, and does not appear to contain the expected new items.
- Menu items yield an error message when clicked. For example, clicking on the System > Current Locks item may yield the error AHD04617: Unknown webengine operation "LIST_LOCKS".
This issue occurs on systems that have migrated from a previous version of the product. In the previous version, the Administration menu tree may have been customized by the administrator, either through the web interface or at a database level.
If the administrative menu was customized at any point, it may not have been updated during the upgrade process. This can lead to expected items not being present, or items that have changed their underlying commands no longer functioning. The list below includes some menu items that were added or modified in a particular version of Service Desk Manager:
- 12.7 : The Current Locks feature changed its' underlying command. Customized menu trees that reference the old LIST_LOCKS command will yield the AHD04617 error as listed above.
- 12.9 : The Servers and Configurations items were added to allow administrators to add servers to configurations through the web interface. Pre-creating servers through these options makes setting up additional servers easier, as they will correctly identify their intended function during the installation process when they connect to the database.
For the Current Locks feature:
- Open the Service Desk web interface, and log in with an administrative account.
- Navigate to the Administration tab > Security and Role Management > Role Management > Menu Tree Resources.
- Locate the "Current Locks" item in the right-hand pane and open its' configuration page.
- Click the Edit button.
- Locate the "Resource" field. (For reference, this will currently contain "LIST_LOCKS" as part of the command.)
- Change the contents of the field to the value below: