When re-building a PC via Operating System Installation Management (OSIM) it fails to join the domain during the build process.
Article ID: 3956
CA Automation Suite for Data Centers - Configuration Automation
CA Client Automation - Asset Management
CA Client Automation - IT Client Manager
CA Client Automation
CA Client Automation - Remote Control
CA Client Automation - Asset Intelligence
CA Client Automation - Desktop Migration Manager
CA Client Automation - Patch Manager
CA Server Automation
- When re-building a PC via Operating System Installation Management (OSIM) it fails to join the domain during the build process.
- This computer already has an account present in Active Directory.
- The credentials supplied have been checked and are correct.
- If the existing computer account is removed from the domain then the join works with no issues.
Client Automation (ITCM) -- All versions
The permissions of the account supplied, whilst sufficient to add a new computer to Active Directory, are insufficient to replace an already existing computer account with another of the same name.
- Add the permissions as per KB032455 to the users being used to join the computer to the domain.
- By default the Domain Administrators have these permissions.