Creating a Report in Jaspersoft from an existing Ad Hoc View might fail with the following error message:
java.lang.RuntimeException: exception getting dataset from cache
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an Ad Hoc View.
- Add "Investment Name" and "Total Planned Cost" as columns.
- Add "Investment Type" as Groups.
- Add "Total Planned Cost" as Filters.
- Save the Ad Hoc View.
- Create a Report selecting the new created Ad Hoc View: "Create" => "Report".
- On the Ad Hoc View Report window, Click on the "Options" button.
- On Input Controls view, configure the following value for Total Planned Cost: 12340 and click on "Apply".
Expected Result: The report to be generated filtering the results by the entered Total Planned Cost.
Actual Result: The report is not generated and an exception occurs (java.lang.RuntimeException: exception getting dataset from cache).