In environments that generate thousands of approval tasks/workflows per day, the WP_PROCI table can get to tens of thousands of worklist items that are still active very quickly. The Workpoint monitors poll the workflow data frequently in order to display the most up do date data in the IME
The application server is set to poll worklist data from that table every minute, and that could cause runtime processing delays when the table is that large. Only in the extreme cases of significant daily worklist load, the following might be considered to improve overall performance of IM at runtime.
An Identity Manager / IdentityMinder solution that uses workflow to approve daily transactions.
1. Shutdown all application server nodes
2. Navigate to ...\iam_im.ear\config folder
3. Edit the GeneralMonitor.properties file as follows:
4. Restart all application server nodes
5. To set the monitors to run independently from the application server JVM, enable them in the GeneralMonitor.properties file under the IM Administrative Tools folder: <CA_HOME>\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\Workpoint\conf
6. Make sure GeneralMonitor.properties file shows:
7. In order to run the monitors, navigate to <CA_HOME>\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\Workpoint\bin and launch GeneralMonitor.bat
1. if the monitors are switched off on the application server, and the GeneralMonitor.bat is not running, then IM will not be able to fetch fresh/runtime data of a user's worklist and an exception will be seen on the View My Worklist screen. So, one of these (application server, or GeneralMonitor.bat) must be running on the environment
2. For deleting unwanted jobs, please reference TEC1489252