Cisco does not recommend polling MEMPOOL_GLOBAL_SHARED as it causes excessive CPU utilization.
Spectrum 10.2 or later
Bypass polling MEMPOOL_GLOBAL_SHARED by disabling polling and creating a SpectroWATCH to monitor memory.
To disable Memory Threshold monitoring, which should prevent SpectroSERVER for polling Cisco-Memory-Pool-Mib:
- select the device icon -> Information tab -> Threshold & Watch
- click the blue 'Set' link under "duration" column of the Memory entry
- click the blue 'Disable' and then click the blue 'Save' link
To create the SpectroWATCH, see the following steps:
1. Find the Cisco_Mem_App application model
Go to Locater tab, double-click "By Device IP Address" search under "Application Models" folder, key in the device IP address and find Cisco_Mem_App application model
2. Go to Information tab -> Thresholds And Watches subview of Cisco_Mem_App application model. Click the create new SpectroWATCH icon (spectacle with plus sign)
3. Create SpectroWATCH with the required configuration
Developer ID 0xffff0000
Last Modified Time: Feb 17, 2016 9:49:59 AM IST
Model Type Cisco_Mem_App
Data Type Real
**Expression ( REAL(ciscoMemoryPoolUsed.1) / ( REAL(ciscoMemoryPoolUsed.1) + REAL(ciscoMemoryPoolFree.1) ) ) * REAL(100)
Active By Default No
Evaluate By Polling every 0 Days + 00:05:00
Threshold violated if value >= 85 .
Threshold reset if value < 70 .
Generate Minor alarm with cause code 0x5270000 . Alarm is user clearable. Watch will be reset upon user clearing of alarm.
** - For devices that support memory greater than 2 GB, use the following Expression:
Expression ( REAL(cempMemPoolHCUsed.1) / ( REAL(cempMemPoolHCUsed.1) + REAL(cempMemPoolHCFree.1) ) ) * REAL(100)
4. Go back to Information tab -> Thresholds And Watches subview of Cisco_Mem_App application model. Click the Activate SpectroWATCH icon (spectacle with right arrow icon) to activate the SpectroWATCH on
that particular model
5. The SpectroWATCH is created on ALL Cisco_Mem_App model types on the landscape, so you can go to other device's Cisco_Mem_App model and activate the SpectroWATCH if you want to monitor the System Memory of that other device. You can also make this active by default and it will go active on all applicable devices.