Cisco does not recommend polling MEMPOOL_GLOBAL_SHARED as it causes CPU hog.
Bypass polling MEMPOOL_GLOBAL_SHARED by disabling polling and creating a SpectroWATCH to monitor memory.
To disable Memory Threshold monitoring, which should prevent SpectroSERVER for polling Cisco-Memory-Pool-Mib:
- select the device icon -> Information tab -> Threshold & Watch
- click the blue 'Set' link under "duration" column of the Memory entry
- click the blue 'Disable' and then click the blue 'Save' link
To create the SpectroWATCH, see the following steps:
1. Find the Cisco_Mem_App application model
Go to Locater tab, double-click "By Device IP Address" search under "Application Models" folder, key in the device IP address and find Cisco_Mem_App application model
2. Go to Information tab -> Thresholds And Watches subview of Cisco_Mem_App application model. Click the create new SpectroWATCH icon (spectacle with plus sign)
3. Create SpectroWATCH with the required configuration
Developer ID 0xffff0000
Last Modified Time: Feb 17, 2016 9:49:59 AM IST
Model Type Cisco_Mem_App
Data Type Real
**Expression ( REAL(ciscoMemoryPoolUsed.1) / ( REAL(ciscoMemoryPoolUsed.1) + REAL(ciscoMemoryPoolFree.1) ) ) * REAL(100)
Active By Default No
Evaluate By Polling every 0 Days + 00:05:00
Threshold violated if value >= 85 .
Threshold reset if value < 70 .
Generate Minor alarm with cause code 0x5270000 . Alarm is user clearable. Watch will be reset upon user clearing of alarm.
** - For devices that support memory greater than 2 GB, use the following Expression:
Expression ( REAL(cempMemPoolHCUsed.1) / ( REAL(cempMemPoolHCUsed.1) + REAL(cempMemPoolHCFree.1) ) ) * REAL(100)
4. Go back to Information tab -> Thresholds And Watches subview of Cisco_Mem_App application model. Click the Activate SpectroWATCH icon (spectacle with right arrow icon) to activate the SpectroWATCH on
that particular model
5. The SpectroWATCH is created on Cisco_Mem_App model type, so you can go to other device's Cisco_Mem_App model and activate the SpectroWATCH if you want to monitor the System Memory of that other device