This document will outline how to enable debugging for Test Data on Demand (TDoD).
If you are experiencing any issues while using Test Data on Demand (TDoD) and either want to get more information on why you are experiencing the issue or need to send log files to CA Support, enabling debugging is a good first step. This form of debugging requires you to alter a configuration file and cannot be done through the user interface.
Test Data on Demand (TDoD)
TDoD is installed as part of the CA Test Data Manager (TDM) product.
Release versions of TDM 3.1 and above.
Pre-requisites: Please exit out of the TDoD Configuration Editor before editing any configuration files.
1. First you will need to go to your GTWCFHOST.exe.config file.
2. Open the file by right clicking on it and choosing ‘Edit with Notepad ++’, or another similar program.
3. Once inside the file, search for the line <filter type="log4net.Filter.DenyAllFilter" />
4. Comment out this line by putting <!-- in front of it and --> after it.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to comment out the second occurrence of this line.
6. Save your changes by clicking on ‘File’ at the top of the page, and choosing ‘Save’ from the drop down list.
7. Re-open the TDoD Configuration Editor by double clicking on the TDoDConfigEditor.exe.
8. Under the ‘Configure Portal’ tab, and within the ‘Settings’ tab, make sure that your Service URL and/or ALM Service URL are set to the correct machine names.
9. Click the ‘Save’ button.
10. Click the ‘Verify’ button and take note of any error messages.
11. Under the ‘Configuration Service’ tab, and within the ‘Connection String’ tab, make sure that your Database Type, Data Source, User ID, and Password are correct.
12. Click on the ‘Save’ button.
13. Click on the ‘Verify’ button and take note of any error messages.
14. Click the ‘Stop Service’ button.
15. Click the ‘Start Service’ button and take note of any error messages.
16. After the service has been started, or failed to start, look in your tdod.log file.
If you are seeing logs in this tdod.log file, then you have successfully enabled debugging for the TDoD Service.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case.
Release: TDMTDD99000-3.5-Test Data Manager-for Test Data on Demand