Pre-requisites: Please exit out of the TDoD Configuration Editor before editing any configuration files.
- First, you will need to go to your GTWCFHOST.exe.config file.
- The default location for that is located at C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_Service\GTWCFHOST.exe.config
- Open the file by right-clicking on it and choosing ‘Edit with Notepad ++’, or another similar program.
- If you double-click on the file to open it, it will usually open in Visual Studios or another program that will not work for editing.
- Once inside the file, search for the line <filter type="log4net.Filter.DenyAllFilter" />
- You can press 'Ctrl + F' on your keyboard, and paste that line into the 'Find what' box that appears to search for this.
- You can also click 'Search' at the top of the toolbar, choose 'Find' from the drop-down, and paste that line into the 'Find what' box that appears.
- This line will be found in two places, and each will need to be edited.
- Comment out this line by putting <!-- in front of it and --> after it.
- The line should now look like <!-- <filter type="log4net.Filter.DenyAllFilter"/> -->
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to comment out the second occurrence of this line.
- Only this one line should be commented out. Make sure not to comment out the entire section.
- Save your changes by clicking on ‘File’ at the top of the page, and choosing ‘Save’ from the drop-down list.
- Re-open the TDoD Configuration Editor by double-clicking on the TDoDConfigEditor.exe.
- The default location for this is at C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_ConfigEditor\TDoDConfigEditor.exe
- Under the ‘Configure Portal’ tab, and within the ‘Settings’ tab, make sure that your Service URL and/or ALM Service URL are set to the correct machine names.
- Click the ‘Save’ button.
- Click the ‘Verify’ button and take note of any error messages.
- Under the ‘Configuration Service’ tab, and within the ‘Connection String’ tab, make sure that your Database Type, Data Source, User ID, and Password are correct.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Click on the ‘Verify’ button and take note of any error messages.
- Click the ‘Stop Service’ button.
- Click the ‘Start Service’ button and take note of any error messages.
- After the service has been started, or failed to start, look in your tdod.log file.
- The default location for this is at C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_Service\logs\tdod.log
If you are seeing logs in this tdod.log file, then you have successfully enabled debugging for the TDoD Service.