After installing the CA Asset Portfolio Management 14.1, C2 (cumulative 2) patch, when clicking the 'map field' button on an event, it throws the error:
The base class includes the field 'ifr' , but its type (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HrmlIframe) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl).
CA Asset Portfolio Management 14.1, C2, using IE 11.
The C2 patch pre-requisite and post installation steps were not performed.
1. Navigate to the online APM 14.1, C2 patch installation instructions, located here:
2. Select the CA Asset Portfolio Management link (or scroll down to the CA Asset Portfolio Management section)
3. Follow the instruction steps in both of these sections:
a. Install .NET 4.5.2 framework on Windows Server 2008 (follow this instruction, even if you are using Windows 2012.)
b. Add ASP.NET in IIS on Windows Server 2012
4. Navigate to the post installation steps, located here:
https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1-02/post-installation-tasks/post-installation-steps-for-ca-asset-portfolio-manager and perform the post installation tasks listed.
5. Reboot both the CA Asset Portfolio Management web and application servers.
6. Retest the 'map fields' button on an event and the error should not occur.