When trying to gather documentation, we filled up the CA View Database and cannot get the SARSTC24 message to stop appearing:
SARSTC24 No more space in database xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Reply R (retry), B (backup), N (new), C (clean), OR T (terminate)
The database is out of space.
The second format of SARSTC24 is displayed if a response other than 'R', 'B', 'N', 'C', or 'T' is given to the original message.
Your recovery options are as follows:
- Run the SARDBASE program to add more space to the database, or manually delete SYSOUT groups to free up space while the archival task waits. After you allot more space, reply R to have the archival task retry its archival with the additional space.
- Reply B to force the archival task to execute its backup cycle. As part of its backup cycle, the archival task deletes the generation of SYSOUT on disk that is in excess of the NGEND= initialization parameter, freeing some space.
- Replying N has the same effect as B except that a new tape is used for the backup cycle.
- Reply C to force the archival task to scan its database for SYSOUT groups left in an open state due to a system crash and recover the space used by them.
- Reply T to terminate the archival task.
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA View/Deliver if you have further questions.