After launching Fast Data Masker (FDM) and connecting to a SQL Server database profile, the error message "Connection Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication." is dispalyed.
Error recreation steps:
1. Launch FDM.
2. Copy the default connection 'connectSQLSERVER.txt' by selecting it in the 'Connection Profiles' list on the left of the window and then clicking on the 'Copy Connection' button at the bottom of the window.
3. Enter in you own database connection information including:
- New connection name
Note: This is the name that will show in the 'Connection Profiles' list once it is saved. You will not see any underscores you type inside this connection window. It will look like there is a space there instead. For example, ‘connect_test’ will appear as ‘connect test’. If you get an error about the ‘Connection Name’, make sure the name starts with the word ‘connect’ before it.
- Choose 'SQL SERVER' from DBMS drop down box.
Note: The options of what you will be typing in next will change based on what DBMS is chosen from the drop down.
- Server Name\Instance
- User Name -- LEAVE BLANK for integrated authentication.
- Password -- LEAVE BLANK for integrated authentication.
- Database Name
- Default Schema
4. Save the connection by clicking on the 'Save' button at the bottom of the window.
5. Connect to this profile by clicking on the 'Connect' button at the bottom of the window.
Now you will see the error- "Connection Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication."
This error likely means that a SQL Server authentication DLL file from the Fast Data Masker directory folder.
Fast Data Masker (FDM) connecting to supported MS SQL Servers with via Integrated (Windows) Authentication.
1. After getting this error, close your FDM application.
2. Go to your FDM directory. The default installation location for this will be located at C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker
3. Open up the SQLSERVER_DLLs\x64 folder.
The JRE used by FDM is 64 bit by default. You MUST use the x64 version of this DLL for it to load/function properly.
4. Copy the file labeled sqljdbc_auth.dll.
5. Paste this sqljdbc_auth.dll into your FastDataMasker folder located at C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\
6. Re-launch FDM by double clicking on the icon on your desktop, or going to C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker and double clicking on the GTMAPPER.exe.
7. Enter in the SQL Server database credentials you used previously.
8. Click the ‘Save’ button.
9. Click the ‘Connect’ button.
You should now be able to connect to Fast Data Masker and the first page you see is within the ‘Masking’ tab.
If you cannot solve the problem, then go back to step 4 and paste the sqljdbc_auth.dll in the java\jre1.8.0.xxx\bin directory on behalf of step 5.