Process fails with error "BPM-0543: An error occurred when sending the action item. Contact your site administrator. 'Subject' is too large. Maximum size is 128" when the action item subject built by CA PPM contains more than 128 characters
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a process based on the project object or any other object
2. On the start step add a manual action item where the subject contains variables as description and name
3. Create a post condition of 1=2 so the process stops and then link it to the next step, the finish step
4. Validate and activate the process
5. Create a project with a quite a long name and a long description too, so together they make more than 128 characters
6. Start the process and wait until the action item has been sent
Expected result: The action item is sent and the process is on a running status
Actual result: The action item gets sent and the process errors out with BPM-0543
On the bg-ca.log file you will encounter this error:
BPM-0543: An error occurred when sending the action item. Contact your site administrator. 'Subject' is too large. Maximum size is 128.
com.niku.union.odf.exception.ODFValidationException: 'Subject' is too large. Maximum size is 128.
Before 14.3 there was no proper validation for the string type attributes. In 14.3 validation code has been added for string type attributes hence it is giving the ODFValidationException
This was analyzed by sustaining Engineering as part of CLRT-79876
This is working as design after additional validation has been introduced.