- Sending multiple files from Xcom iSeries (AS400, i5/OS) by TCP/IP to Xcom z/OS some transfers failed .
The JobLog shows next error message in the transfers that failed:
Remote ended connect Txpi 304: SSL Socket receive error return value = 73
- System that Sends the files : iSeries (AS400, i5/OS), system that receives the transfers : z/OS.
- Although MAXREM variable was set to 0 (no maximum) and MAXTASK was not the reason of the problem, the cause of the problem was the TCPSESS parameter that was set too low (at the Xcom z/OS in the Global level XCOMDFLT was 4) for the amount of simultaneous TCP/IP transfers sent (20).
- Found that remote system , Xcom z/OS, deny the connection for some of the transfers due to amount of concurrent TCP/IP sessions tried was higher than the limit configured (TCPSESS in the XCOMDFLT) .
1. Increase the TCPSESS configured in the Xcom z/OS to manage the amount of simultaneous TCP/IP transfers sent from the iSeries
2. Decrease the number of simultaneous TCP/IP transfers sent from the iSeries to z/OS. One way to do this is to enqueue the transfer to the Background and set a number of sessions (parameter SESSIONS in STRXCOMLOC or CHGXCOMLOC) equal or lower than the limit set on the remote system.
- TEC473245 XCOMM0790E TCP/IP TASK LIMIT EXCEEDED ON INCOMING ACCEPT?