Below are the steps to migrate Netvoyant from one server to another. Make sure to install the same version of Netvoyant on the new server as was on the old server.
1. Stop the NetQoS MySql51 service and NetQos Device Manager service on NPC
2. Make backup copy of D:\NETQOS\mysql51\data\netqosportal
3. Start the NetQoS MySql51 service and NetQos Device Manager service on NPC
4. At each NV system run DBToolv3 repair nms2
5. Stop the NetQoS MySql51 service and all Netvoyant Services on each system
6. Make backup copy of the D:\NetQos\MySql51\data\nms2 folder at each system
7. Compress the backup to make transfer to the new system quicker
8. At the NV MC start the NetQoS MySql51 service and run steps 9 & 10 for each system being migrated
9. mysql.exe nms2 -e "update service_managers set smgr_host = 'new system name' where smgr_addr = 'old system name';"
10. mysql.exe nms2 -e "update service_managers set smgr_addr = 'new system address' where smgr_addr = 'old system address';"
11. mysql.exe nms2 -e "mysql>select * from service_managers;"
Step 11 is to confirm the updates in 9 & 10
If only Pollers are being migraged then at the MC proceed with step 12, otherwise go to 15
12. From a command box run 'iorgen'
13. From a command box run 'nvrestart'
14. Start All Netvoyant services on MC
15. For each system copy the backup of nms2 to the new system
16. Make sure the NetQoS MySql51 service and all NV services are stopped.
17. Extract and copy into D:\NetQos\MySql51\data\nms2
18. Start the NetQoS MySql51 service
Steps 19 & 20 are for Pollers only, the MC has already been updated.
19. mysql.exe nms2 -e "Update service_managers set smgr_host = 'new system name';
20. mysql.exe nms2 -e "Update service_managers set smgr_addr = 'new system IP Address';
21. mysql.exe nms2 -e "Update properties set property_value = ‘http://new system name/’ where property_name = ‘webServer’;
22. From a command line run 'iorgen'
23. From a command box run 'nvrestart'
24. If the MC was migrated proceed to 26, otherwise skip to 30
25. open NPC > Data Source
26. Select NetVoyant > Edit > correct the Host and Display names.
27. Start all the NetVoyant Services
28. Open the NV Console
29. At the new Pollers start all the NetVoyant Services
30. Open the NC Console
31. Confirm the MC to Poller connection
32. At the Pollers open the Poll Monitor to confirm polling
33. At NPC run a Full Sync to NV