My USM portlet and alarm windows have become very slow. What could be causing this issue?
CA Unified Infrastructure Management On-Premise (Nimsoft / UIM)
, NIMSOFT PROBES
My USM portlet and alarm portlet are exhibiting slow performance. At times I see the flash plugin is crashing. I am not seeing any errors in the portal or wasp logs.
What can I do to resolve this problem?
Release: CNMSPP99000-7.6-Unified Infrastructure Mgmt-Server Pack-- On Prem
In UIM / UMP there are several things you can check:
1) Check that the CPU and memory on the UMP machine are not above 75% utilized
2) Check the disk IO and make sure the disk queue length is less than 1
3) Use the attached check SQL index fragmentation script to make sure all indexes are below 30% especially on the CM_* tables.
4) Check the nas_transaction_summary table and make sure the files are being groomed by the nas probe. If not, deactivate the nas probe and drop all of the nas_* tables on the back end.
5) Lastly, you can check the Maintenance_* tables for large numbers of entries, e.g., 40k or more. See KB
in regards to cleaning up old maintenance schedules.