How do I create a user with the rights to create, edit dashboards?
You can create Nimsoft Users via Infrastructure Manager, which will have access to all data in the UIM environment.
Creating Account Contacts via the AccountAdmin portlet in UMP are tied to a specific origin, which will only allow them to view data tied to that origin/hub. This means even if you create a new Account Contact via the AccountAdmin portlet with the needed permissions/ACLs the user will not be able to create new dashboards, as the dashboard portlet accesses all information/data in that environment.
Account Contacts are meant for multi-tenancy which is why any portlet or function which gives access to all data is blocked for these users, for example the Dashboard and SLM portlets.
1. Infrastructure Manager -> Security -> Manage Access Control List
2. Create a new ACL for the Dashboard User i.e: Custom Dashboards, Dashboard Design, Dashboard Designer, Dashboard Upload and Save the new ACL.
3. Infrastructure Manager -> Security -> User Administration -> "Right Click" New User
4. Set the user properties as required, select the new ACL created for the dashboard permissions and Save the new user.
5. With this user login to the UMP, go to the Dashboard portlet and you will be able to create, modify dashboards.
Manage Users with the Account Admin Portlet - https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-1/en/managing/manage-users/manage-users-with-the-account-admin-portlet