The ‘Project-Enable Financial’ access right allows a user to inline edit and save changes to the task even if the user does not have any task editing access right.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a user with the following access right:
Global: Projects Navigate
Global: Project - View Tasks - All
2. Create a project and assign the newly created user to the team. Make sure the user is a participant on the project
3. Create a task on the project
4. Logout and log in as the user created
5. The user can see the project where is a participant (as created on step 2)
6. Go to the tasks tab and open the task. This is ‘read-only’
7. Try to make any changes on the task list view. Nothing is editable.
8. Log in as admin and grant the following access right to the user:
Global: Project - Enable Financial
9. Log out and log in as the user created with limited rights
10. Go to the project > tasks tab and open the task. This is read-only
11. Try to make any changes on the task list view
Expected Result: None of the fields are editable
Actual Result: Task start and finish and many other field are editable and modification and changes can made.
CA PPM 14.2, 14.3
Resolution: This issue is documented as CLRT-79418 and is currently being reviewed for a resolution by development.
Workaround: There is no identified workaround