Escape shift key behaves differently on each TPX
Article ID: 36982
TPX - Session Management
Vman Session Management for z/OS
On one instance of CA TPX, Shift-ESCape key brings the user back to the TPX menu. On other TPX nothing happens.
Release: NVINAM00200-5.4-TPX-Session Management-Access Management package
- Since TPX does not allow for coding Shift-ESC, verify how the emulator keyboard definition is interpreting Shift-ESC.
- In this case, the emulator keyboard was mapping Shift-ESC to Attention (ATTN) for all scenarios.
- TPX allows you to specify how you would like to have the ATTN key behave (SMRT User Default Parameters - ATTN Option).
- In this case, the value specified within the SMRT was different on each TPX, resulting in different behavior.
- Once both TPX tasks used the same parameter value for this field, the behavior was the same.