CA Workload Automation ESP Edition program CYBESUT7 is available to remove aged records from the JOBINDEX data set.
The JOBINDEX data set is a VSAM KSDS file, and contains records of jobs and applications tracked by CA WA ESP.
Each job index record contains data relating to all instances of the job execution.
Each application record contains data of the most recent generations of a specific application.
In installations where the sets of applications and jobs are relatively stable, the number of records in the file will be fairly static. When a given record has reached its maximum number of application generations or job instances, its size will remain fixed. Rapid and significant growth in file size can occur where application and job names are variable. For example if the job name includes a date variable.
Over time, some applications and job names can fall out of use, leaving records containing obsolete data in the JOBINDEX file. Utility program CYBESUT7 should be used to remove the obsolete records from the JOBINDEX data set.
This applies to CA Workload Automation ESP Edition r11.4.
Run utility program CYBESUT7 in a batch job, or in CA WA ESP page mode. This program must execute when the CA WA ESP started task is active.
Sample ESP page mode commands:
- OPER CALLRTN CYBESUT7 ANALYZE TRAK(180): reports on how many job-tracking records older than 180 days are eligible to be deleted
- OPER CALLRTN CYBESUT7 ANALYZE APPL(180): reports on how many application records older than 180 days are eligible to be deleted
- OPER CALLRTN CYBESUT7 UPDATE APPL(180) TRAK(180): deletes application records, and completed job-tracking records that are older than 180 days
- OPER CALLRTN CYBESUT7 UPDATE TRAK(180) PURGE: deletes completed and incomplete job-tracking records that are older than 180 days
Sample batch job to report job-tracking records older than 366 days:
//STEP1 EXEC PGM=ESP,PARM='SUBSYS(xxxx)'
//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=xxx.xxx.CD7YLOAD
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
OPER CALLRTN CYBESUT7 ANALYZE TRAK VERBOSE
Related KB articles:
- TEC486254: Can the JOBINDEX data set reside on a multi-volume DASD.
- TEC530892: Is there anyway to determine what resides in the JOBINDEX data set.
Release: ENCWLA00200-11.4-Workload Automation-Restart Option-EE