After removing a device and then trying to rediscover it the following error is seen:
"SPC-OCC-11882: A device model unknown of type unknown already exists but cannot be related to this view"
The above error message is seen if the destroy process has not finished. When destroying a device model, Spectrum has to not only destroy the device model but all child models including interface and application models. Additionally, Spectrum has to remove all the associations for the device and child models. For a device with a large number of child models and associations, this could take longer than expected.
Component: Spectrum Discovery and Modeling
Monitor the destroy threads on the VNM model in the same landscape as the destroyed model.
1. Log into OneClick as an ADMIN user
2. Find and select the VNM model in the same landscape as the destroyed model
3. Click on the Information tab
4. Find and expand the SpectroSERVER Control -> Thread Information subview
5. Monitor the Destroy Threads in use. When the value is zero, remodel the device.
NOTE: If the Destroy Threads in use does not go back to zero and seems to hang, please contact CA Spectrum Support for assistance.
1. You can wait 24 hour cycle for the server to manage delete queues
2. You can update the delete queue by restarting the SpectroSERVER
3, If a restart does not solve it, you may need to save the SpectroServer database and then re-initialize the database with the saved database. This clears the SpectroSERVER database cache:
- using Spectrum Control Panel, save a database backup
- still using SCP, reload the recently saved backup