DBToolv3.exe can be used to repair a corrupted NetVoyant database.
Many events can cause tables in a database to become corrupted. Among these are: unexpected computer shutdown, hardware failures, and killed mysqld process while a database write is occurring. When this happens, a database repair is required.
1. If needed DBToolv3.exe is available for download here:
2. Open a command prompt
3. Change directory to the location of dbtool.exe
4. Run the command:
a. For NetVoyant, run 'dbtoolv3 repair nms2'
5. Monitor the results.
- If you are not able to monitor the results, you can send them to a file:
Run 'dbtoolv3 repair nms2 > repair.txt'.
- Run the repair a second time if the initial run reports the following on any of the tables:
'info : Wrong bytesec: 0- 0- 0 at 0; Skipped'
If it still reports the message then further steps will be needed. Please contact CA Support for more in depth repairs.
- DBToolv3 can also be used to backup and restore the NetVoyant database. Commandline syntax is demonstrated in the following screenshot:
<Please see attached file for image>