The following are steps to be followed, whenever there is a hostname change after EEM has been installed.
This document is restricted to the R12 EEM server. This can also be applied to a cloned EEM server image that has been renamed.
Ø This information does not apply to an EEM server that is setup in failover. Additional changes are required.
Ø Additional work is required if any CA products are registered with EEM. This would involve that products’ support team.
This will work on both Window and Linux server with EEM 12.0 and above installed on it.
1. Edit the following tags in server.xml file (default location is C:\Program Files\CA\SC\EmbeddedEntitlementsManager\config\server) to reflect the new hostname
2. Edit HostId tag in iPoz.conf file (default location is C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\iTechnology) to reflect the new hostname
3. Remove or move the following files from C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\iTechnology or your current %IGW_LOC%
4. Edit the address field in itechpoz.dxcfile (default location is C:\Program Files\CA\Directory\dxserver\config\knowledge) to reflect the new hostname
5. Restart the “CA Directory – itechpoz” and “CA iTechnology iGateway 4.7”services
*The iControl.conf file does NOT need to be edited. It will contain the original hostname of the server with its corresponding TrustedKey.
Once the igateway service is restarted, it will update the iControl.conf file with the new hostname of the server and its corresponding TrustedKey. This would be added to the end of the iControl.conf file.