When using a browser against Service Desk URL in a web director configuration, I'm getting below error message. What should be done to resolve this error?
AHD04625: Unable to redirect the request Please check your URL and try again.
A quick look at Service Desk log files show an associated error when the above error was seen in the browser:
ERROR session.c 20910 webengine (web:xxxxxxxx:4) can't get cgi_path from webdirector(web:primary:4)
If there are multiple web engines under a web director, that web director should have at least one of its webengines with UseDirector value set to AfterLogin. To make sure the web engines have the appropriate configuration:
1) Locate the directory NX_ROOT/bopcfg/www
2) There should be several files with names like *web*.cfg. Each of these files correspond to a web engine invoked by Service Desk.
3) To understand which web engine relates to which configuration file, open the file in a text editor and look for string like "Cgi"
4) The CGI name associated is indicated in the value next to the string cgi, for example: Cgi pdmweb2.exe
5) After ensuring that this is the correct cfg file for the web engine you are attempting to use, in that file, search for string: UseDirector
6) Atleast one of the cfg files (under a specific web director) should have a value of AfterLogin (example: UseDirector AfterLogin)
7) Make the change, save the file and restart Service Desk to resolve the error discussed above.