On PPM Version 14.3 several reports may never finish running.
The reports affected include:
- Project Storyboard
- Project Status Summary
- Project Risk, Issue and Change Summary
- KPIs by Project Type (Dashboard)
- Top 50 Project Watchlist
This happens when one of the sub reports contains no data. For example, on the Project Storyboard, if there are no Risks & Issues or no Earned Value fields the report will not load completely. Once you click cancel, the report closes.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install PMO Accelerator and the PMO sample data
- Configure the Data Warehouse and run the Load Data Warehouse jobs
- Navigate to Advanced Reporting, Repository
- Run the Project Storyboard report selecting a project that does not have Risks & Issues.
Expected Result: Report completes.
Actual Result: Report shows as Loading. The only option is to click cancel, and then the report is removed.
Applies to 14.3.
Caused by CLRT-78902 having to do with the Jaspersoft charts.
Targeted for next major release.
Run the report so you get no results. For instance, if your Project Status = Approved, run the report with Project Status = Unapproved. The report will return with no data.
Then run the report with the correct Project Status or Select All.
The report may still not complete, but if you click on Cancel, the report remains.