The UIM upgrade manual recommends removing custom probes from the UIM Server local database prior to running an upgrade install. How is this done and does this include superpackages?
How do I remove and restore custom probes for UIM upgrade?
Any currently supported UIM server release. At the time this article was published, the latest version is 8.31.
The following steps outline the procedure for removing custom probes in a way that will allow you to re-import them after the upgrade completes:
1. Deactivate the automated_deployment_engine and distsrv probes on your primary hub
2. Make a backup copy of the <installPath>\Nimsoft\archive directory
3. From the Infrastructure Manager (IM), expand the Archive node and select your local archive from the left-hand pane
4. Delete all of your custom probes from IM
5. Activate the distsrv and automated_deployment_engine probes
After the upgrade completes, you can then import your custom probes back into your archive from the copies of the packages that you saved off in step #2 above. All custom probes including superpackages and 'Configuration Only' packages should be removed from the archive prior to upgrading.