The CA SSO/Siteminder Policy Server is configured to use a DB2 Database as a Data Store (Policy Store, User Store, Session Store, Audit Store). The SMPS.logs show the following error when attempting to access the DB2 Data Store:
[HSTMT.cpp:241][CHSTMT::Error][ERROR][sm-xpsxps-00810] Native Diagnostic: 22008:0 [DataDirect][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver]Datetime field overflow. Error in parameter 1.
The CA SSO/Siteminder Policy Server uses the 'Siteminder/SSO DB2 Wire Protocol" ODBC driver. This is a a 3rd party ODBC driver bundled with the policy Server allowing unification and simplification of cross-platform development efforts. The Data Direct Wire Protocol Driver is developed by Progress.
Configure the DB2 Data Source with the registry key "WorkArounds2=2". Enabling this option causes the driver to ignore the ColumnSize/DecimalDigits specified by the application and use the database defaults instead.
1) Launch "regedit"
2) In regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI\datasource
3) Select the DSN of the DB2 ODBC connection you want to modify
4) Add a new key as a 'String Value'
5) Name the new key "WorkArounds2"
6) Set the Value of 'WorkArounds2' to "2" [Workarounds2=2]