- This article explains how to put SystemEDGE into debug mode for troubleshooting certain problems with the agent.
- Unless you are familiar with SystemEDGE debug mode should not be enabled unless at the direction of a support representative.
- Debug mode will introduce overhead on the agent, and should not be enabled for long periods of time, and only enabled to capture more verbose logging when reproducing a problem.
1. Stop SystemEDGE Agent.
2. Navigate to port# folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CA\SystemEDGE\port#
3. Edit sysedge.cf file and make the following changes:
sysedge_logfile sysedgedbg.log 100000 10
- The second line will retain 100MB files x 10 (this value is in KB) before the logs roll and are overwritten.
- debug, debug1 and debug2 are lesser debug options.
4. Start SystemEDGE agent.
5. Open New sysedgedbg.log in the port# folder and make sure you see SE_LogInit(): Logging level set to 7 as this equals debug3.