The precision of the result of the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP function is different depending on the generation language.
- C: yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss.nnn000 - returns milliseconds
- Java: yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss.nnn000 - returns milliseconds
- C#: yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss.nnnnnn - returns microseconds
CA Gen Run Time, Internet Client: r8.0?r8.5
- In Gen, a function is used in order to acquire the value of a CURRENT_TIMESTAMP variable from the system time.
- As different generation languages have been implemented in Gen over time the method used by each function has evolved, and this has resulted in improved precision for C#.
- The value of a timestamp is kept with the format of yyyymmddhhmmssnnnnnn (20 digits). When displaying the value of a timestamp on a window, it is displayed according to the defined edit pattern for the field.