How can I configure SystemEDGE to use a non root account?
Article ID: 35714
CA Systems Performance for IM (SystemEdge)
How would I go about getting our privileged separation user account to run SystemEDGE instead of using root?
- SystemEDGE must run as root.
- Privileged separation user works the same across all Unix Platforms.
- With privileged separation user, the process SystemEDGE is running under will switch back and forth depending on what the agent is trying to do.
- With the privileged separation option enabled, the network portion of the agent is switching to use a non root account after the startup.
- Data collection must be performed as root. This is largely an operating system requirement in order to collect certain metrics from the Unix based operating system.
Install the Agent on UNIX from the command line: CASE_PRIVSEP_USER