How can I configure SystemEDGE to use a non root account?
Article ID: 35714
CA Systems Performance for IM (SystemEdge)
How would I go about getting our privileged separation user account to run SystemEDGE instead of using root?
- SystemEDGE must run as root.
- Privileged separation user works the same across all Unix Platforms.
- With privileged separation user, the process SystemEDGE is running under will switch back and forth depending on what the agent is trying to do.
- With the privileged separation option enabled, the network portion of the agent is switching to use a non root account after the startup.
- Data collection must be performed as root. This is largely an operating system requirement in order to collect certain metrics from the Unix based operating system.