Load Data Warehouse job - Full load fails with FK errors after another Full Load Data Warehouse job (DWH) was Cancelled or Failed on any table
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect to CA PPM with Data Warehouse set up
2. Ensure the Load Data Warehouse job completes successfully
3. Go to Home, 'Reports and Jobs' or 'Jobs' menu link
4. Run a new Load Data Warehouse job with Full Load option selected
5. Wait for a minute, then Cancel the job
6. Now go and schedule another instance of Load Data Warehouse Job
7. Note that it's now in Waiting mode, until you delete the Cancelled instance
8. After the deletion, it's Processing, wait for the results
Expected Result: Load Data Warehouse job to complete successfully as it truncates the tables before inserting new data.
Actual Result: The job fails with ORA-02298: cannot validate (***************_FK1) - parent keys not found (It can be on any FK.)
Caused by CLRT-79090
This can be due to synchronization issues with the data between the Clarity PPM and DWH databases. When making particular changes to the PPM database, the views have not been made to the DWH database by making sure to run the full Load DWH job daily.
There are times where the full Load DWH job will need to run. Those are specified in the documentation:
CA PPM 14.2+
To resolve the issue, run the full Load DWH job.
Run the full Load DWH if the following changes in Clarity occur:
1. Incremental Load DWH job fails
2. A new language is added in the data warehouse
3. Entity for fiscal time periods is changed in the data warehouse.
4. Time reporting periods have been added or made active/inactive
5. A data warehouse time slice is changed to include a larger time frame.
6. An attribute is deleted or unselected from the data warehouse via Administration > Studio.
7. An attribute data type is changed
Reference the following article KB000103730 - Load Data Warehouse job - Full Load fails with FK constraint when scheduled at a certain time of the day only due to a custom job or process accessing records and updating them whilst the Load Data Warehouse job is running.