A System Error occurs when attempting to create a project in 14.3. This may also apply to other investments.
<Please see attached file for image>
The app-ca logs contain an error message similar to the following:
ERROR 2015-12-01 11:02:58,403 [http-nio-80-exec-2404] niku.xql2 (clarity:admin:5451025__67732A63-F3A9-4230-9DD8-E182EF21E382:projmgr.projectNew) Internal Processing exception
java.lang.NumberFormatException: Number not completely processed 5001003:5002001
This error occurs if there is a default value for the 'Default Resource OBS Unit' attribute set either on the Project or Investment object.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Administration > Objects > Project (or Investment) > Attributes Tab
2. Search for 'Default Resource OBS Unit' attribute
3. Open the properties for this attribute
4. Click on the binoculars and select a Default for this attribute (Example: ResOBS:Unit1)
5. The value that you have selected will show on the Default field
6. Click on Save
7. Notice that the Default Value now shows as blank
8. Go to Home> Projects
9. Click on the 'New' button to create a new project
Expected Result: The Project Create page comes up and a new project is able to be created.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-79403
This has been resolved in 14.4 and later releases.
To resolve the issue once encountered, go to Administration>Objects>Project(or Investment)>Attributes>'Default Resource OBS Unit'>Properties and click on the gray X to clear the default. Please know that the default will show blank in the UI, but a default value for this attribute does exist in the odf_default_overrides table in the database. The Clarity cache may need to be flushed after making this change as well.To workaround setting a default value, set the default on the project after it is created.