You need to modify a CA IDEAL sequential dataview that is modelled in CA Datadictionary
but you have forgotten how to do that as CA Ideal sequential dataviews are now created/modified in CA IDEAL .
1. Go into CA Datadictionary online by using CICS transaction DDOL .
2. Select FILE Maintenance mode .
3. DISPLAY the DATAVIEW structure to pick up the name of the related FILE and RECORD occurrences .
4. RESTORE the FILE in PROD status into a test version like T001 .
5. DEFINE the RECORD where you can change/add columns .
6. Then MODIFY the ELEMENT ( put Y in the newly added columns and press PF9 Apply ).
7. Run MODIFY FILE to change the record length /blocksize .
8. When done run VERIFY FILE - if no errors then COPY FILE to PROD and ENABLE FILE .
9. RESTORE the DATAVIEW from PROD to a test version like T001.
10. Then COPY the DATAVIEW from test to PROD status .
11. Go into CA IDEAL and run CAT DVW dataview name v PROD .