You may want to change parameters for a probe on all robots where the probe is deployed. For example, you may want to change a cdm parameter such as the disk alarm threshold for all disks on all machines to 10%. Or you want to deactivate processor queue alarms on all cdm probes on all machines. This article will walk you through the process to do so.
- cdm probe configuration changes
- Any UIM Release
Follow these steps:
1. Extract the configuration file from a deployed probe by first dragging and dropping the probe into the archive and choosing configuration only when prompted.
3. Click on rename to provide a new package name so that the operation does not replace the original probe package.
4. Double click on the new config only probe in the archive and note the cdm.cfx configuration file contained therein as shown here:
5, Right click on cdm.cfx and choose Edit File... from the menu.
6. Edit the file based on the following configuration file information:
If you want to be able to distribute to ALL computer types, you can either change the OStype and OS parameters to reflect this or create one section for each computer type.
To distribute the customized probe, simply drag and drop the super package on to the hub, it will then distribute to all the robots under it.
Note that the changes are applied to existing probes only, so that if the probe is not installed, no action will be performed.