In this case the client had run out of disk space on the NMS drive.
The issues was resolved and the system restarted.
After the restart the following problems displayed
1) may robot had a lock and were red including distsrv.
To correct this these probes just needed to be validated and activated
2) The data_engine probe would not start with errors about no license being found. All of the probes depending on the data_Engine were in red
3) When you tried to access the GUI of any probe only raw config would come up.
4) The archive section of Infrastructure manager including Licenses is grayed out.
5) If you tried to go to tools and distribution you would get an error message that you cannot connect to distribution server.
6) the distribution server on loglevel 5 did not show any errors or problems.
The problem was resolved by editing the robot.cfg and adding the ronbotname = <The original install Robot name>
In this case the robot name and the host name were different and the root cause of the issue.
Client also did not have a backup to refer to so this added to trouble shooting time.
Once the robot.cfg was properly configured the system came up and worked as expected.
?? robotname = Nimbus
?? robotip = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
?? first_probe_port = 48000
?? set_qos_source = no
?? ip_version = ipv4
?? domain = Domain
?? access_0 = 0
?? access_1 = 1
?? access_2 = 2
?? access_3 = 3
?? access_4 = 4
?? local_ip_validation = yes
?? strict_ip_binding = no
?? secondary_domain =
?? secondary_hub =
?? secondary_hubrobotname =
?? secondary_hubip =
?? secondary_hubport =
?? secondary_hub_dns_name =
?? robotip_alias =
?? secondary_robotip_alias = same
?? loglevel = 3
?? logsize = 3000
?? autoremove = no
?? suspend_on_loopback_only = yes
?? config_locking = no
?? hub_update_interval = 900
?? temporary_hub_broadcast = yes
?? system_uptime_qos = no
?? unmanaged_security = domain_locked
?? alarm_level_comfail_restart =
?? alarm_level_dispatch_error = major
?? alarm_level_max_restarts = major
?? alarm_level_start_error = major
?? alarm_level_timed_not_finished = warning
?? alarm_level_unregister = major
?? alarm_level_request_error = major
?? alarm_level_timed_error_return = warning
?? alarm_level_postinstall = no alarm
?? robot_mode = normal
?? hub = PrimaryHub
?? hubrobotname = Nimbus
?? hubip = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
?? hubport = 48002
????? LD_LIBRARY_PATH = .:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
????? NIM_JRE_HOME = jre/jre7
????? NIM_JRE_HOME_1_6_0 = jre\jre6
????? NIM_JRE_HOME_1_7 = jre/jre7
can not access licenses