This issue might present itself in several ways.
1) When trying to access UMP 7.5 by DNS name you get the following message:
"This instance is inactive. Please contact the administrator."
(However you can access the UMP by IP address just fine.)
2) In the portal.log files you see the following message types:
11 Apr 2014 10:43:34,354 ERROR [CompanyThreadLocal:58] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchCompanyException: No Company exists with the primary key 10112
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchCompanyException: No Company exists with the primary key 10112
when you run the following SQL commands none of these keys are shown.
select * from user_
select * from group_
select * from company_
There is a problem with the Liferay tables. The only way to correct this is to drop the Liferay tables.
There is a new Liferay drop tables script attached (drop_tables_ump_7.5.txt)
Please do the following:
1) Deactivate the following probes.
2) Run the new drop tables script (attached) by opening the SLM portlet and choosing Tools->Query or use MS SQL Server Management Studio to issue the drop tables statements.
3) Activate the following probes. Wait for the port and PID to be assigned before activating the next probe.
keywords: This instance is inactive. Please contact the administrator. NoSuchCompanyException No Company exists with the primary key nnnnnn