ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Moving the UIM database from one location/database server to another
Article ID: 34719
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
How can I move my UIM database from one server/location to another?
(Note: the below instructions reference Microsoft SQL Server, but the procedure is the same for all database platforms; please consult your DBA for assistance with the details.)
- Install SQL server on the new machine if it isn't already installed.
- On the primary hub/UIM server, stop the Robot Watcher service, shutting the robot down entirely. Also shut down the robot on your UMP server if applicable.
- Using the SQL Server Enterprise Manager or SQL Server Management Studio for SQL server, detach the database from the existing database server.
- Move the database files (both the database file (mdf) and the log file (ldf)) to the new location or new db server.
- Using the SQL Server Enterprise Manager or Management Studio, reattach the database from the new location to the database server or the new database server
- Using Infrastructure Manager, change the data_engine config to reference the new SQL server.
- Restart the robots on your primary server and UMP server.