ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
How Ping Pack or Network Advanced Pack is decided by billing probe
Article ID: 34677
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
- Devices will be put in a specific billing pack on a 'billable item' basis.
- net_connect can be applied to either the Network Advanced Pack or the Ping Pack.
- The algorithm looks for the maximum number of probe matches to define which billing pack to use.
- So, if only net_connect is being used to monitor (match == 1, then 'Ping Pack' is selected).
- If net_connect and interface_traffic both monitor, (match == 2), then 'Network Adv Pack' will be selected.