Is Multi server UR possible similar to Multi server UMP?
Unified Reporter Reports two nodes configuration Unified Monitoring Portal instance instances
Yes. See options below.
Applicable to UR 1.9 and above to UR 8.0.
Note :A multiple UMP configuration is a solution for load balancing ? and is NOT an HA (high-availability) solution.
The current version - Unified Reporter (actually the underlying jasperserver app) does NOT support multiple-node UMP installations.
We are working with Jaspersoft on this and it's likely that a future version of UR will support multiple UMPs, but at this point it's classified as a feature request.
Using web content would be a workaround for the time being - see below:
1. Install UR on the primary UMP node
2. Log directly into UMP Node 2 (bypassing load balancer)
3. Delete Unified Reporter portlet from UMP Node 2 and replace it with a WebContent portlet
4. Rename the WebContent Portlet "Unified Reporter"
5. For the configuration of the WebContent portlet put in the URL of the UR installation on the primary node, i.e. http://(primary ump)/jasperserver-pro/
This should be an acceptable workaround. Users who are directed by load balancer to the 2nd node will be interfacing with UR on the primary node using this method.
The webcontent portlet is also known as the iFrame portlet, and you can find additional information about it? including authentication? in below link
To set up UR on two UMP instances the following process is used.
1. Install UMP on both servers following the UMP multi-server guide.
2. Run the UR install pointing it to UMP1. Make a note of the database name specified during the install.
3. Shut down UMP1 and drop the UR database. I use the native DB tools for this, like SQL Server Management Studio.
4. Restart UMP1
5. Run the UR install again. Point it to UMP2 and have it create the database using the DB name that was used the first time around.
6. Test by directly accessing each UMP