After adding a new hub to my infrastructure, how do I ensure that alarms and Quality of Service (QoS) messages from the new hub are received by the primary hub?
After adding a hub, you must setup the data flows so that alarms and/or QoS flow from the new hub to the hub supporting the NAS (destination hub).Using the NMS Manager, launch the configuration tool for the new hub.Add a static definition specifying the address of the destination hub.Apply this change.
- Select the Queues tab -> queues tab and right click -> New to open a queue properties box.
- Click Active. Enter a name (such as the name of the destination hub),
- Select the type of queue you want to set i-e 'post' or 'attach'. (Note: If using'attach' then you will need to create a 'get' queue on the receiving hub.)
- Set the Subject field. Use 'alarm' for alarms and 'QOS_MESSAGE,QOSDEFINITION' for QoS messages
- If you are using 'post' queue, select the Address of destination hub.
- Click OK and apply.
- This will startup a queue which you can see in the hub's status tab. This will cause alarms to be sent to the destination hub.
<Please see attached file for image>
Keywords: setup queue, setup alarm queue, alarm queue, qos queue