The following probes fail to start after install/upgrade:
The standard Microsoft SQL Server port is 1433. This article is applicable if you are using a non-standard port with MS SQL Server and you install or upgrade Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM).
If the probes listed above do not start, you will not be able to install or upgrade Unified Management Portal (UMP). If you attempt to install UMP in this case, you will see the following error message in the Verify Probes panel of the UMP installer: Some of the probes specified were not responsive. Ensure that the probe locations are correct and the probes are active.
If the probes listed above do not start after you install or upgrade UIM, use the following workaround before attempting to install or upgrade UMP:
1. Verify that the data_engine can communicate with the database:
Important! In the Data Source field:
2. In Infrastructure Manager, deactivate any of the probes listed above that are not connecting to the database.
3. Download the nimlookup.jar file attached to the this article.
4. Copy the nimlookup.jar you downloaded to the following directories to overwrite the nimlookup.jar they contain:
Note: The sla_engine does not use the nimlookup.jar file.
5. Activate the probes you deactivated in step 2.
Release: CNMSPP99000-7.6-Unified Infrastructure Mgmt-Server Pack-- On Prem