How to create a configuration-only package that adds a new profile to deployed probes without editing existing profiles
Article ID: 34347
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
Is there any way to create a configuration-only packages which will add a new profile to deployed probes without editing any of the other configured profiles (each probe is configured uniquely)?
- Deploy a probe to a test system of the same OS type that will be used for mass configuration updates (ntservices in this example)
- Remove all profiles except the newly-configured profile which will be used for mass configuration updates
3. Drag the probe back to the archive and save it (with a unique name) as a configuration-only package.
4. Open the configuration-only package in the archive, right-click on 'ntservices.cfx', select 'Edit File ...'
5. Delete all code in the 'ntservices.cfx' file except:
6. Deploy the configuration-only package to other robots to update the configuration with the new 'new_service' profile.