An alarm is generated when the probe cannot open its log file for writing:
CA UIM Alert : Failed to re-open log file 5 times. Logging is deactivated. Error: Permission denied
The probe is unable to write to the log file due to anti-virus, or some other access/permissions issue.
- UIM, any version, any probe
1. Please make sure that anti-virus is not preventing the logs from being written. We recommend that the entire UIM/Nimsoft folder is excluded from anti-virus scanning.
2. Also try cold-starting the probe.
- Deactivate the probe, wait for the port and PID to disappear,
- Then Activate the probe.
3. If the issue persists, delete the username and password configured in the probe and run the probe without any user and see if the issue no longer occurs.