The Tomcat server can sometimes lose its mapping to the home page (http://<oc_server>/operatorconsole_portlet/standalone_login.jsp) and will only display the webapp file structure.
Powered by Nimsoft WASP 20.4 (N/A)
Nimsoft lib version: 2.**
JRE: Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
• UIM Restful NIS Web Application
This renders OC useless as users cannot log in and navigate to other pages / portlets.
OC Tomcat server failure
The home page redirect can be restored by archiving the ROOT webapp folder, re-deploying ump.zip, unpacking the ROOT.war file, then restoring the original ROOT webapp folder.
This can be accomplished through the following procedure:
1) Stop 'wasp'
2) On the OC server, back up: <nimsoft>/probes/service/wasp/webapps/ROOT folder
3) Archive <nimsoft>/probes/service/wasp/webapps/ROOT.war
4) Redeploy 'ump.zip' to the UMP server
5) Restart 'wasp'
6) Stop 'wasp'
7) On the UMP server, rename <nimsoft>/probes/service/wasp/webapps/ROOT to 'ROOT_new'
8) Import the archived ROOT folder file back to <nimsoft>/probes/services/wasp/webapps
9) Restart 'wasp'
Verify that the URL http://<oc_server> automatically redirects to: http://<oc_server>/operatorconsole_portlet/standalone_login.jsp and that users can properly log in and navigate.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, reinstall the OC (simply re-run the OC installer from the primary hub reinstalling OC on top of the existing installation).
This operation doesn't overwrite any pre-existing configuration and it should help patching this issue.