The decision has to be made which side of the hubs will act as tunnel server (receiving the connection) and tunnel client (making the connections). All in all, only one port will need to be opened on tunnel server end: default is 48003 but any available port can be used e.g 443. Please note that tunnel traffic is NOT an HTTPS traffic, if using port 443.
Following are high level steps, please refer to Installation Guide for detailed information on tunnel concepts and detailed steps.
Note 1: During hub installation, you are given an option to "initialize Security", which creates a local copy of security.cfg file and sets up Nimsoft 'administrator' user password. This is a required step on tunnel clients as you need to login to hub as 'administrator' user to setup tunneling
Note 2: Normally, Infrastructure Manager will not be installed/available on tunnel client side. You can use "Nimsoft Using DMZ Tunnel Setup Wizard" ("Nimsoft Monitoring->Tools" application group):
I-Using Infrastructure Manager:
• Login to tunnel client hub
• In hub probe GUI, enable "Tunneling" option in General section
• Switch to Tunnels tab and then to "Client Configuration"
• Click New button
• Deselect "Check Server Common Name" if Tunnel Server is NAT'ed
• Fill out fields accordingly. Use the Password which you setup in step 3 of "Create Tunnel Client Certificate"
• Paste client certificate in "Certificate" field, you created in step 3 of "Create Tunnel Client Certificate" and copied in step 5 of "Copy Tunnel Client License"
• Click on OK and then Apply and restart the hub probe
Now, if all goes well, your tunnel client will connect to tunnel server. If you get errors accessing new hub, refer to Troubleshooting section.
II-Using "Nimsoft DMZ Tunnel Wizard”:
• Open up "Nimsoft DMZ Tunnel Wizard" from Program's menu
• Select "Client" in first screen
• You will be prompted for administrator password
• Fill in the fields appropriately and tunnel certificate
After finishing up, do not login to new hub till the Enabled status shows up in Security column of Infrastructure Manager
If you get errors accessing new hub, refer to Troubleshooting section
Note: Tunnel doc is attached in .doc format which contains troubleshooting section as well.