The return code for the e2e scripts is returned as -5 by the probe.
A return code of -5 means "Page has not finished to load within the timeout? although the script may be visible as running successfully when inspecting the server.
Considerations Before Making Changes
1. Verify that there's currently only one user logged on
2. Verify that there's only one e2e_starter.exe running
When e2e_appmon starts, it sets a registry key for all users which makes e2e_starter.exe run on every login. e2e_starter should close when it detects that there's already an e2e_starter running, but in some cases, this check may fail - this will mostly cause profiles to be run on interactive session (or in parallel). Logs of interest would be the e2e_starter.log found in the probe directory.
Customer temporary workaround was to deselect Alarm on start errors.
Release: MSPNSP99000-8.51-Unified Infrastructure Mgmt-Server Pack-on Prem MSP
This solution may be required for Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 systems:
1. navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system?
2. Change the EnableLUA setting to 0?
3. Reboot the server
Alternatively, this step is required for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 (non-R2)
1. Enter secpol.msc to open the machine's Security Settings.
2. You could try disabling one specific setting under User Account Control:
"User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode"
3. Reboot the server.
Note: See also: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-change-the-behavior-of-user-account-control-by-using-group-policy
If none of the above works also check the following:
By default e2e probe will logout of the current session and re-login using the authentication credentials provided in the configuration. So, make sure the login credentials are correct.
The error ?-5? can occur when in the following situations:
- The user for e2e_appmon probe must be a domain admin account or local user account with local admin privileges and proper access to the e2e directories/files.
- When you view the script run with VNC, make sure you see no security/login banner and/or no pop-up blocker. You can try enabling the "Screendump on timeout" in order to observe what is causing an interruption.
- If the probe cannot execute e2e_starter it means that the probe could not login to the Robot for some reason, or that resources were not present to start the e2e_starter program. You can run the ROB file directly, by launching the TaskExec.exe utility in the Nimsoft\e2e_scripting\bin folder and choosing the profile. Also, be sure to set loglevel 5 in the probe, which will also set the e2e_starter.cfg logging automatically. Lastly, inspect the e2e_starter.log file for errors.?Most of the time when we see this error something is not allowing e2e_appmon to login/start/stop processes, possibly a Windows dialog/popup box.
- As a last resort, you may have to uninstall then re-install the Nimsoft Robot on the e2e_machine and redeploy the probe. In some case, the final resolution for the -5 return code error and the e2e_starter issues is to disable UAC, then completely uninstall the robot (removing the folders, etc...) and then reinstalling the robot and re-deploying the probes due to permission issues on the applications.
e2e e2e_appmon e2e_appmon_dev -5 error code script fails page timeout e2e_starter e2e_starter.exe script run runs return even if it succeeds success taskexec server 2012 r2 user account control msconfig